Welcome to the Marlin documentation portal!
Marlin is an open collection of protocols and related libraries that provides high-performance network infrastructure for decentralized systems.
The Marlin network is able to achieve global latencies of <150ms. This enables developers to build high-performance responsive distributed systems (including blockchains and dapps).
The Marlin network can scale to a large number of nodes without compromising on performance. Developers are no longer limited by the fanout capabilities of a single node.
Some examples of the things that you can build using Marlin include:
- A blockchain/sidechain with low block times
- A validator network with much shorter rounds or much larger validator sets
- An efficient and performant order relay system for DEXes
- A performant live streaming service
- A scalable IoT data marketplace
- A push notification system for dapps
- A responsive multiplayer game